Flexible and remote learning- Online
We have chosen to use the following platforms for online content:
- Online learning platform (accessing student work)
- Communication and video conferencing- WebEx
ONLINE LEARNING PLATFORM- Seesaw
ACCESS to SEESAW
SeeSaw is used to upload student lessons, assignments and activities. It is a digital portfolio of students’ daily learning. Students can log-in to participate in class activities, view work, retrieve homework, submit their own journal work and view and comment on other students’ work. There are no live class chats. Students cannot post work without teacher approval.
Student access – can see their information (including feedback and assessment provided by teachers) and their parent’s responses to approved assessment. Cannot submit content without teacher approval.
Teacher access – creates student accounts, provides students with their individual home learning text code (or QR Code). Authorises parents/guardians to view information in their child’s journal. Creates activities (either text or recorded voice instructions), and approves submitted assessments and journal work, provides feedback to student in relation to their work and consider parent comments
Parent access – can view and comment on their own child’s classwork, photos and/or journal work through the SeeSaw Family app. They must download and create their own account.
Student information used – first name (or initial), last name, class and CASES ID – this enables teachers to identify and give feedback to individual students and identify the classroom which they are accessing and are grouped under. Unique identifier required to ensure digital portfolio follows students as they move through year levels.
Parent information used – parent name and email address. This enables teachers to identify parent and ‘invite’ parent to create their own account in the SeeSaw Family app.
Their classroom (run by classroom teacher and supported by ES staff)
- Art- Mrs Down
- Health and PE- Mr O’Connell
- ICT- Mrs Wombwell
- STEM- Mr O’Connell
Communication and activities will be designed by these staff, complete with assessment and feedback components. Individual staff are each responsible for their own students so you can communicate directly with staff online using Seesaw or WEBEX or over the phone.
How to take good photos of your schoolwork!
We love seeing your work go onto Seesaw and sometimes we can’t read it. This is sad as we are very proud of the work you are doing from home.
Please have a read of these guidelines so we can see your awesome work more clearly!
How to download Seesaw
Communication and video conferencing- WEBEX
Webex is the videoconferencing solution that the Department of Education and Training offers all Victorian government schools.
Here are instructions on how to access Webex meetings provided by your teacher using your internet browser.
- Your teacher will provide you with a meeting or class number and a meeting password. This will be 9 digits long (e.g. 123 456 789).
- Open your internet browser and go to https://eduvic.webex.com/.
- Enter the meeting number in the ‘meeting information’ field and press ‘Enter’.
- Enter the password provided by your teacher, and press ‘Enter’.
- Select the ‘Join’ or ‘Join Meeting’ button. If you see a pull-down arrow on the button, click the pull-down and ensure ‘Use web app’ is selected.
- When prompted, enter your first name and initial of your last name. Enter an email address. If you don’t have an email address, you can enter your email address or a made-up email address. Just make sure that you include an @ symbol. This email address will not be displayed when you join the meeting, and you will not receive emails from Webex at this address.
- Click ‘Join Meeting’.
- The session will start. You might be asked to allow your microphone and camera to be used in the session. Click ‘Allow’ then press ‘Skip’ to continue.
- Start learning with your peers and teachers, just like at school!
- Webex meetings can also be accessed via a desktop application. The instructions above are for browser access, however you can download the desktop application from https://eduvic.webex.com/ or when prompted when joining a meeting from the link you have been sent.
ONLINE OPTIONS TO EXPLORE:
- Twinkl- all year levels https://www.twinkl.com.au/
- TeachStarter- all year levels https://www.teachstarter.com/
- Reading Eggs- Foundations and Year 1 students https://readingeggs.com.au/
- Teach your monster to read- Foundations and Year 1 students https://www.teachyourmonstertoread.com/
- Initial Code- F to Y3 https://apps.apple.com/au/app/initial-code/id769196201
- Mathletics- Y2 to Y4 https://www.mathletics.com/au/
- Prodigy- F and Y1, Y3 to Y6 students https://www.prodigygame.com/
- Targeting Maths- all year levels https://www.pascalpress.com.au/targeting-maths-apps/
Please note some of the online options involve registration as the school has paid for a subscription.
These will have student specific passwords which teachers will have sent home.
Others are free and provided by the online company.
Some are international and will not necessarily contain Australian content.
Some are available as iPad apps also.